If you're currently considering raising new finance are you also considering hedging?
The current interest rate and credit spread environment presents an opportunity for treasury departments to solidify their interest rate and refinancing risk framework. During the assessment and implementation of the optimal strategy, it is important to consider the significant complexities around derivatives pricing, valuation, regulation, accounting and counterparty documentation.
This ACT webinar discusses important topics you should consider before, during and after the strategy execution process:
- Setting the appropriate interest rate strategy
- Aligning the debt with a hedging program to ensure effectiveness and minimise risk
- Considering of the accounting implications (IAS 39, IFRS 9) for each hedging alternative
- Understanding pricing components, documentation negotiations, credit capacity constraints
- Meeting accounting requirements at execution (documentation, effectiveness assessments, etc)
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Having the best technology to support financial reporting including valuations (IFRS 13), hedge accounting, disclosures, etc
The webinar will concludes with a Q&A session for the panel of speakers.
Sponsored by: Chatham Financial