In this video I will demonstrate how to transfer your pokémon from the beloved Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, to the newest iterations which include Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
This process requires the following:
- A copy of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum HeartGold or Soulsilver (The Original Games)
- A copy of Black, White, Black 2 or White 2 (For Transferring Purposes)
- A copy of X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon (The Target Games)
- A trial version or full pass version of Pokémon Bank
- A copy of Poké Transporter (comes free with Pokémon Bank)
- 2 DS systems (At least one HAS to be a 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, New 3DS, New 3DS XL or New 2DS XL. The other one can be ANY DS SYSTEM (DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, New 3DS, New 3DS XL or New 2DS XL)
(Yes that is a long list but the tutorial is actually not that difficult to follow)
Please note: Once transferred, Pokémon cannot be transferred back to a previous title. This includes putting the pokémon into sun and moon and deciding you want to transfer them to X and Y. Even though the 3DS pokémon games can all use the pokémon bank feature, the games are programmed differently meaning that it is impossible to transfer Pokémon between games unless its forward chronologically in the series.
Have fun and enjoy! :)