IIBF Basics of Banking Mock Test - https://iibf.modelexam.in/index.php
1. Members and Non-Members of the Institute
2. Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination in any discipline or
Minimum marks for pass in the subject is 60 out of 100.
EXAMINATION FEES*: Rs.1500/-* (For Members and Non-Members)
* Plus Convenience charges and Taxes as applicable.
Please Note : Candidates are required to Register for every attempt separately.
As a measure to streamline the traffic for registration, Institute will charge regular
examination fee to candidates who registers for the examination during the regular open
period of registration.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION :
Examination will be conducted in English only.
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION:
(i) Question Paper will contain 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks.
(ii) The examination will be held inOnline Mode only.
(iii) There will NOTbe negative marking for wrong answers.
DURATION OF EXAMINATION:
The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
Course - I : Certification in Basics of Banking
- Structure of the Financial system and the Constituents - RBI, Commercial
banks, Financial Institutions, NBFCs, Indian capital market , Mutual funds,
Merchant banks, Insurance companies, etc.
- Brief overviewof theirroles and functions.
- Meaning and ObjectivesofBanking / Banks &Intermediation-Savings - Credit
- Types ofBanking Institutions
- PrinciplesofBanking -intermediation, liquidity, profitability, solvency, trust, etc.
- Meanings & Definition of Banking - Under British Law, Indian Law, Under
- Structure of Banking -Evolution, Ownership, size, structure and composition of
- Regulatory requirements -Bank Rate / Banker's Bank
- Comparative structure of banking in developedEconomies like USA, UK etc.
- similarities andcontrasts.
- Basics of InternationalBanking, retail banking and wholesale banking
- Organization structure of a typical global Bank - at high level - Wholesale,
Retail, ALM & Treasury, etc. - within these the product development,
marketing, sales, operations, credit, etc. Also cover enterprise wide
divisions like Risk, Audit & Compliance, IT, Finance, HRD, Facilities,
- Global Banking - Recent trends
II) Brief onActivities at a Bank :
- Deposits :
- Deposits - different types of deposits (transaction / non-transaction, interest
bearing / non interest bearing) - usage & need of deposits at a bank - liquidity
Types of Interest Rates -fixed, floating, etc.
- Basic Operational flow for setting up& managing deposits.
- Lending :
- Broad categories of lending -Working Capital, LongTerm,Project Finance, etc.
- Types of Interest Rates -fixed, floating, etc.
- Concepts of secured / unsecured&collateral management
- Value chain in loan delivery - (wholesale) Credit Appraisal and sanction -
processing / delivery - monitoring - recovery procedures, security and
documentation procedures - stamping (make generic)
- Value chain in loan delivery (retail) - Need for credit reports & computation
of credit scores - based on these template based appraisal and
approval - processing / delivery - monitoring - recovery procedures, security
- Transaction & OtherServices:
- Account related services - Opening, Servicing (Statements / Reporting,
Standing instructions, etc.), Closing.
- High level discussion on evolution of Servicing at Banks - from Brick &
MortartoATMs, mobiles, Internet Banking, etc.
- Payment and Collection procedures- clearing house fundamentals (ACH) -
electronic funds transfer- negotiable instruments, RTGS, etc.
- Remittance facilities -forex, etc.Brief note onSWIFT.
- Trade Finance Services - need for Trade Finance desks, risks in international
trade & brief overview of Letters of Credit and Guarantees products. Business
process for an LC transaction to be explained.
- Cash Management Services - need for CMS - collections, payments
& pooling / sweeping / liquidity management offerings to Corporate
- Treasury Services - Forex & Fixed Income overview, Asset Liability
Management overview - money markets / risks involved, etc.
- Institutional Banking - need for correspondent banking - definition of Nostro,
- Corporate Finance -Broad overview of need & activities (Advisory, IPO, Capital
- Bankcards - types of cards- charge cards, debit cards, credit cards, co-branded
cards, smart cards etc. - basic business process for a credit card transaction
III) Legal aspects & Risk Management
- Basic laws affectingBanking Operations - Compliance requirements
- Best Practices